Learn the fundamentals of Python programming and kickstart your career in one of the most in-demand professions of today.
This course includes the fundamental python programming techniques such as lambdas, reading and manipulating csv files, and the numpy library.
The course also introduce data manipulation and cleaning techniques using the popular python pandas data science library and introduce the abstraction of the Series and DataFrame as the central data structures for data analysis, along with tutorials on how to use functions such as group by, merge, and pivot tables effectively.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to take tabular data, clean it, manipulate it, and run basic inferential statistical analyses.
4 days / 32 hours
Beginner to Intermediate
100% Online - Instructor Led
Request For Information
- 32 hours of instructor led training
- Fully Online
- Class recording available
- Interactive Learning
- 8 hour Coaching Session
- 100% HRDF SBL-KHAS Claimable!
- Basic Programming Knowledge
- Analytical Mindset
- Willingness to self learn online
- No prior experience is required
- We will start from the very basics
- Committed to complete all tasks
Who Should Join
- Professional switching careers
- Business Analysts
- IT Engineers
- New Programmers
- Anyone interested in Python
Key Learning Outcomes
Upon completion, participants should be able to demonstrate each of the following outcome:-
- Build an understanding of Python from the ground up
- Translate fundamental programming concepts such as loops, conditionals, etc into Python code.
- Understand the key data structures in Python.
- Understand how to write functions in Python and assess if they are correct via unit testing.
- Know when and how to abstract code (e.g., into functions, or classes) to make it more modular and robust.
- Produce human-readable code that incorporates best practices of programming, documentation, and coding style.
- Learn to use Object Oriented Programming with classes
- Understand complex topics, like decorators.
Core Skills Areas Covered
Subscribe to our newsletter – and be first to get all the updates on our upcoming programmes and industry insights.
We don’t share your information or spam you. Unsubscribe anytime.
Course Modules Covered in the Python Developer program
Module 1 - An Overview of Python
An Overview of Python
- What is Python?
- Interpreted languages
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Which version of Python
- Where to find documentation
Module 2 - Running Python Scripts
Running Python Scripts
- Structure of a Python script
- Using the interpreter interactively
- Running standalone scripts under Unix and Windows
Module 3 - Getting Started
- Using variables
- String types: normal, raw and Unicode
- String operators and expressions
- Math operators and expressions
- Writing to the screen
- Command line parameters
- Reading from the keyboard
Module 4 - Flow Control
- About flow control
- Indenting is significant
- The if statements
- The elif statements
- while loops
- Using lists
- Using the for statement
- The range() function
Module 5 - Defining Functions
- Syntax of function definition
- Formal parameters
- Global versus local variables
- Passing parameters and returning values
Module 6 - Python Data Structures
Python Data Structures
- Creating List
- List operations and methods
- Creating Tuple
- Tuple operations and methods
- Creating Set
- Set operation and methods
- Creating Dictionary
- Fetching keys or values
- Dictionary operations and methods
Module 7 - Errors and Exception Handling
Errors and Exception Handling
- Dealing with syntax errors
- Handling exceptions with try/except
- Cleaning up with finally
Module 8 - Working with Files
Working with Files
- Text file I/O overview
- Opening a text file
- Reading text files
- Raw (binary) data
- Using the pickle module
- Writing to a text file
- Opening Excel File
- Reading from Excel File
- Writing data into Excel File
Module 9 - Using Modules
- What is a module?
- The import statement
- Function aliases
- Standard Modules – sys
- Standard Modules – math
- Standard Modules – time
Module 10 - Regular Expressions
- RE Objects and Pattern matching
- Parsing data
- Complex substitutions
- RE tips and tricks
Module 11 - Highlights of the Standard Library
Highlights of the Standard Library
- Working with the operating system
- Grabbing web pages
- Sending email
- Using glob for filename wildcards
- math and random
- Accessing dates and times with datetime
- Working with compressed files
Module 12 - Python Classes
- About o-o programming
- Defining classes
- Instance methods and Instance properties
- Class methods and Class properties
- Monkey patching
- Exceptions classes
Module 13 - Database access
- The DB API
- Available Interfaces / Database Drivers
- Connecting to MySQL server
- Creating and executing a cursor
- Fetching data
- Parameterized statements
- Using Metadata
- Transaction control
- ORMs and NoSQL overview
Module 14 - PyQt
- Downloading and Installing PyQt and Qt Designer
- Qt Architecture
- Preparing the Development Environment
- Navigating Qt Designer
- Creating a UI in Qt Designer
- Using designer
- Standard widgets
- Event handling
- Writing the Application Logic in PyCharm
- Running the Application
- Expanding the Application
- Adding Widgets, Charts, etc.
Module 15 - Developing GUI application
Developing GUI application
- Accessing a Database from within the Application
- Code Organization and Design Patterns
- MVP, MVVM and Other Design Patterns
- Debugging the Application
- Testing Strategies for the Application
Our Training Methodology
We provide hands-on assignments that requires practical implementation.
Virtual Coaching Sessions
Online coaching sessions that happen over the phone, via video, or on a web platform.
1 Year Access to LMS
Get access to learning resources upto 1 year of class completion.
Live Project Experience
Hands-on learning and training gives participants the opportunity to experience real world situations.
Participants can assess reflect on their own learning and their level/skills.
Free Industry Webinars
Stay current on market research trends, learn best practices through our webinar sessions.
CTO & Co-Founder of Thulija Technologies,
Certified Trainer and Consultant
Certified Trainer and Consultant
A seasoned technology professional with over 17 years of industry experience as a software developer, solutions architect and technology consultant for major organizations.
Thayanithy Jegan has trained executives and developers in companies such as Maxis, IFCA, SWIFT, PSDC, DHL, Standard Chartered, Infineon Technologies, Siemens and Bank Negara to name a few to break into various technology stacks and as well as data science, big data, and artificial intelligence.
He has led major projects with clients such as Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia (SSM), MYCOID, Kementerian Kerja Raya, Ministry of Education (MOE), Universiti Malaya, Perfisio Solutions, Kementerian Perdagangan Antarabangsa dan Industri, amongst others. He has also served as a Consultant for MIMOS Berhad, a Research and Development organisation that functions as an advisor to the Malaysian Government on technologies, policies and strategies relating to IT.
Program Key Highlights
40 hours of Remote Online Learning
80 Additional Self Learning Hours
12 Live Hands-on Projects
Certified by International Body
Mentorship with Industry Experts
Designed for Beginners & Professionals
Request For Information
Get Professionally Certified
Upon successfully completing this program, participants will be awarded the Professional Certification in Python Data Science by International Council for Technology Certifications (ICTC).
This award is a validation to the efforts taken to master the domain expertise that will set you apart from your competition.
Be a part of the global network of data science professionals and join the community across sectors.
Get in Touch With Us Today!
This training program is suitable for anyone who intends to enter into the field of Data Science. This program is being conducted in Malaysia and can be joined by anyone, anywhere in the world remotely.
One-time fee. One year access to course materials.
READY TO KICKSTART YOUR CAREER?
Please fill in the form and a Program Advisor will reach out to you. You can also reach out to us at email@example.com or +60123661502
Contact us on Whatsapp for more enquiries